In order to buy Collegecoin (COLL), you’ll need a Stellar wallet. To create a wallet on StellarPort, follow the steps below:
1. Go to www.stellarport.com and click Signup. On the Signup page, select the second radio button “Generate New Key Pair”. Then click Next at the bottom of the screen.
2. On the next screen, click “Generate New Keypair” to confirm. StellarPort will display your new keypair on the screen.
3. Make sure to click the eye beside “Secret Key” so you see the secret key. Then copy/paste both the Public and Secret key to a new text file and make sure you save it to a safe place. If you lose this keypair, you will lose access to any assets stored in the wallet and there is nothing anyone can do to save you. Once you’ve saved the keypair, click “I have secured my keypair” and then “Next”.
4. The next step is to log in. In order to log in, simply paste your Secret Key into the appropriate box on the login page and click “Login”.
5. After you log in, you’ll have to fund your wallet with at least 1 Stellar Lumen (XLM) before doing anything else. Stellar requires that all wallets created on their network are funded with 1 XLM. You can easily send BTC or ETH to StellarPort and then use it to buy XLM. See the following article to learn how to buy XLM on StellarPort: How Do I Buy XLM on StellarPort.
6. After you’ve activated your StellarPort wallet by funding it with XLM, the final step is to create a “trustline” to Collegecoin (COLL). You can do that by going to “Balances” and clicking “+ Trustline”. Then type “COLL” in the “Asset Code” box and select COLL. This will create a trustline to Collegecoin, making sure that you can hold that asset in your wallet.
At this point, you’re ready to store buy COLL in your StellarPort wallet.
6. Once you’ve added a trustline, click the blue “Trade” button on the right side of the screen to trade COLL/XLM. The following article discusses how to make a trade on StellarPort: How Do I Make A Trade On StellarPort?
Once you submit your buy offer, it will be entered into the Orderbook and filled when a matching sell offer is available.